Summarise measures of association from a 2x2 table
This utility provides summary measures of association and independence for a 2x2 table. Output values (including confidence limits) are calculated for cohort, cross-sectional or case-control studies, as specified.
Inputs are table values, confidence level required and type of study. Measures of association calculated include:
- - Overall incidence/prevalence for cohort or cross-sectional studies;
- - Overall proportion of cases for case-control studies;
- - Incidence/prevalence in exposed/non-exposed cohorts for cohort or cross-sectional studies;
- - Proportion exposed in cases and controls for case-control studies;
- - Odds of exposure in cases and controls for case-control studies;
- - Odds ratios for all study types; and
- - Relative risk, attributable risk, attributable fraction, population attributable risk and population attributable fraction for cohort or cross-sectional studies.
Statistical tests for independence calculated include:
- - Uncorrected Chi-square statistic and p-value;
- - Yates corrected Chi-square statistic and p-value;
- - Fisher's exact p-value; and
- - McNemar's test for paired data.
See Thrusfield (1996). Veterinary Epidemiology. 2nd Edition. Blackwell Science, Oxford, UK, for more information on methods.
23 recent calculations